Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
College Park, Maryland, United States
Elusive by choice.

1/13/11

Make Your Bed

Usually I slept like a baby. Not tonight though. But I was lying there, trying hard.

“So what’s new in the two-head world”, she asked. I found her impropriety a charm. Gender notwithstanding, best friends shouldn’t have to watch their mouth. “The usual; class, practice and a ride home with the filthiest mouth in town.” I had a few wisecracks up my sleeve too. “You jocks don’t gossip in the showers?” She was good. “Only one head operates under a cold shower”, I retorted, “The new guy was screaming your name though.” Maybe the last line was completely unwarranted. But she did not take offense.

You sometimes wonder if words should be processed through a simulator before they exit your mouth. She was out on a date with the new guy; I had made my bed and I was lying in it now.

P.S: I is not I; an experiment with POV story telling.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't be surprised if it were you. ;P

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha.. very funny.. But guess what, it wouldn't surprise me either.. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete