Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
College Park, Maryland, United States
Elusive by choice.

1/19/11

Children of Solitude

She approached him with trembling hands. She was not an extrovert; confidence was not her forte. Her loneliness was killing her; she had stopped caring about the conventions of the pretentious high headed world.

Her ‘Hi’ and a smile was acknowledged with a grunt. He wasn’t the friendliest man, yet she craved for his company. “Can I join you.” She asked. He gestured towards the empty seat on the bench. She held his hand as they watched the sunset together.

It was time to leave. The attendees wrapped them with shawls and led them back to the old age home.

2 comments:

  1. that's beautifl Short, sweet but very expressive. I like your writing style... I think I will be back here very soon for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Ruhi. Your words are very encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete