Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
College Park, Maryland, United States
Elusive by choice.

9/1/10

Rusty, yet a lot to say

Creating the blog was only a fraction of the effort I was worried about. The three months I required to make my Infy Blog what it was is worrying me. I'd like to start this second act with the same disclaimer I made at Infy Blogs: I'll blog to vent out and write my heart out. And now, through the experience, I know that the rest would follow.

It's been over three weeks that I blogged and a lot has changed since then. For the lack of flash fiction, poetry, satires and stories finding their way into my brain, I need to restrict my writing to my current mood and state. Incidentally, this is my second act as a student as well. After a 2 year break from academic pursuits, I'm back in classrooms jotting notes and acting like a geek. The American classroom did not come as a real shocker. The Infy training provided the same environment. The culture of a different place did not hit me hard either. I can testify that the Infy experience and the kind of life I've known back home eased me into my present state.

However, the disturbing aspects that I've to counter would be making friends and getting back into competitive sports. Making friends should not be a big deal for a guy whose Facebook profile boasts of so many. Facebook's definition of friends is too broad to include everyone. The six degree of seperation brings in even the unknown into your fold. To be frank, there are times I've wondered why a particular person is even on the list. By friends I mean my extensions into the world. Over the years, I've shared amazing bonds with a few people. Sadly, those bonds have broken due to innumerable reasons. The last six years were really the experiences I shared with three people and I know that this age of human networking will not break this bond. But the distance and time zone disorients you a little bit. Besides, it is natural to crave for a few bonds closer to where you are, the traveler's mobile home. I'm optimistic and slow, but the phase will pass.

I see the Terrapins practice American Football all day long for the matches in the pipeline. Throughout my life, I've been part of competitive sports teams and not being part of one now is totally unacceptable to my body. There's not much I can lament about this; I have to find a way to get back into competitive sport, period.

I'm happy I could at least create this blog today and set the die rolling. I look forward to sharing more stories, satires, poems, flash fiction and everything else that comes to my mind here. I hope that somebody at Infy would try and collate my sixty two posts and forward them to me. I'd love to have my work on display here.

No comments:

Post a Comment