Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
College Park, Maryland, United States
Elusive by choice.

12/5/10

Brothers in Arms

Sleep my friend, it’s a short night to rest
before another long day dawns.
We’ve conquered many together
tomorrow is no different.

Sleep my friend, dream of our adventures
unending saga of dejection and joy.
We’ve won many battles together
tomorrow the war won’t end.

Sleep my friend, recall the stories we ought narrate
to our children and then theirs.
We’ve left our mark on the world
tomorrow is a story yet unwritten.

Sleep my friend, our journey would never end
one of friendship, my brother in arms.
A humble tryst to a rugged bond
tomorrow we add to that history.

Wake up my friend, a new day has dawned
wake up my friend, we have to see the war to the end.
Wake up my friend, the story craves more chapters
wake up my friend, history beckons.
Today is not the day when tomorrow ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment